Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

...to Start a New Blog.

Yesterday, I was just having one of those days.  You know the kind.  My eight-hour workday dragged on for what seemed like seventeen straight hours of mundane filing, organizing my desk drawers, and stamping my signature on various documents.  If you've ever had a desk job, you've had the dreaded "seventeen-hour day," where even though you've been sitting in that nice little chair, working nothing but those typing fingers, you've somehow lost every ounce of energy by hour three.

But work is work.  What can you do?  The real problem, for me at least, is that I get home, I walk about thirteen feet, and I sit on that couch.  I grab the laptop.  I turn on the television.  I spend the rest of my evening doing exactly what I hate so much about the first part of the day.  Maybe if I changed my after-work habits, I wouldn't be so tired of the tasks that actually bring me a paycheck.  They may be boring tasks, but they pay the rent, and it would probably a good idea if I tried to like them a little more.

So here is my genius plan (actually, it's quite simple and didn't take long to come up with):

BE LESS LAZY.


Get up off your butt and do something.  Anything.  Everything!  Seriously, you'll feel better.

This blog will serve as evidence of my attempt to be less lazy.  My attempt to be creative, productive, and active.  My attempt to cook real food, make beautiful things, better my skills, and accomplish more with my time!  Too busy to test out that new recipe before serving it at a dinner party?  Can't decide between Pinterest projects?  Let me help!  I'll attempt anything* so I'd love to hear your ideas.


Sometimes you just don't have a choice.

Join me on my quest for non-lazy nights and weekends!  Who's with me?


*Okay, so I won't attempt anything anything, so don't get any weird ideas.

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic, Cyph! I say you attempt knife throwing! It's easy and safe (well for the person throwing them which would be you). I'm not the best knife thrower but hitting the bull's eye on a dart board is REALLY gratifying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach me your knife throwing ways, and I'll do it!

    ReplyDelete