Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

...a Productive Vacation.

Yes, it's true.  I went on vacation.  Here is what I intended to accomplish while away:

        • Two blog posts featuring an assortment of things I did on vacation
        • Black Friday shopping
        • Dressing cute in cold weather
        • Tons of pictures
        • Not gain my annual Thanksgiving pounds
        • Make a delicious Thanksgiving feast
        • Build a big foam airplane to fly with my dad
        • Go out with friends

I didn't get it all done.  No sir.  Let's go down the list.

Blog posts.   No.  Did not even log in or jot down an idea or take a meant-for-blog picture.  Not sure I even thought about it.

Black Friday Shopping.  Got myself a phone.  The LG-G2.  I like it, and I like that there was no tax.  Three cheers for Oregon!  I also did a little Amazon shopping, but no amazing deals.

Dressing Cute.  Ha.  Not even.  I dressed in sweatshirt the whole time.  That's right.  One sweatshirt.  Went out in it, slept in it, and kept myself nice and toasty in it.  Then there was the one night I went out in the sweatshirt, Christmas pajama pants, and...wait for it...yellow and pink tie-dye Crocs.  Oh yeah.  Cute stuff.  

Tons of Pictures.  Probably the least amount of pictures ever taken on a trip.  Here are some of the finest gems.
The popular "Hey, I'm in a kitchen!" selfie.

Dad's annual "This turkey must be a boy turkey" joke.

And finally, "Demon Dog with Underbite."

Thanksgiving Pounds.  Gained 'em.  Moving on.

Delicious Thanksgiving Feast.  Well, I think I already answered that.  But I'll say more.  I contributed deviled eggs, baked mac 'n' cheese with toasted breadcrumbs, and a chocolate pudding pie with a homemade Oreo crust.  My sister and I also whipped up an amazing chocolate chip espresso cheesecake.  No biggie.

Deviled eggs, a green bean casserole, and my tasty mac 'n' cheese.

Espresso Cheesecake, Oreo Chocolate Puddin' Pie, and Costco Pumpkin Pie.  Gross, right?

Build a Foam Airplane. Another big "Ha!"  Not sure how I thought I would find time for this on my four-day trip to Portland.  My dad builds these cool planes and flies them with a remote control.  He wants me to make one for the blog.  If he buys me a remote control I will.

Go out with Friends.  Not quite, but I did get to stay in with a friend a couple times.  She just had a baby (her third boy) and he was absolutely adorable, just like his big brothers.  I'll mark this list item a success!

So, I didn't get to accomplish or even attempt everything on my list, but I could have done a lot worse.  I didn't even throw up on the plane ride!  And hey, look at me, I got a blog post out of it after all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment